Monday, August 22, 2011

Pickle Report



Well I have finally returned from my business trip.  I was very anxious to see how my pickles turned out after a week of marinating.   The results are in.  They taste good.  A little vinegary...but not too much.  I was hoping the garlic would come through a little more, I could hardly taste it at all.  The dill did come through nicely.  As for texture, a little softer than I would have liked.  I was hoping for a more firm pickle.  I have done some reading since the big test and have found multiple suggestions that I am going to try out on the next few batches.  I will let you know what works out best in a future post.  So stay tuned for that.  I did make one jar with some jalapenos for a little added spice and will be taking those to work with me tomorrow to get an outside opinion.  

We had a very busy day today with the kids returning to school.  All though I did find out later some horror stories out there about some 1st day of school confusion that was down right scary.  Children being told to walk home 10 miles.  Just absolute horror stories.  We had a little of our own confusion but thankfully nothing as bad as that.  I think it will all be sorted out by tomorrow.   Any of my faithful readers out there have any first day of school stories to share?  I would love to hear them, good or bad.  Don't forget to like us on FB and leave a comment.

Y'all keep it straight out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment