Thursday, July 7, 2011

A long relaxing week.

It seems I am already falling behind on my goals to post here once a week. Although I think Im just going to make it under my deadline with this post. I intend to post on Sundays, with a new tip or trick for helping you find ways to make yourself more self sufficient. This week, while relaxing(we are on vacation visiting family), was a full week. In addition to having a birthday, I also celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. Has it really been 15 years?!? Where has the time gone? I guess its true, time does fly when you are having fun.

I did get a couple of books for both my birthday and anniversary. I intend to post reviews on all of them here considering most are along the lines of self sustainment. I have already finished the first book. Confessions of a Bad Beekeeper: What Not to Do When Keeping Bees (with Apologies to My Own) This is an interest of mine, call it a hobby that I am not actually participating in yet. Although I suppose it is good to read up on a subject before jumping into it. "Confessions..." was a good book. Mr. Turnbull really does confess some of the things new beekeepers should try to avoid and does so with a good sense of humor added into the book. It doesn't read like an instruction manual which is a change from quite a few of the books I have been reading lately, so it was a welcome change. He does go off on a few tangents that are not beekeeping related and some of it does drag out a bit, but if you are looking to learn a few things NOT to do if you are thinking of starting up beekeeping this would be a good book to read.

Well there you have it, the latest update. Although it seems my only 2 faithful followers are my wife of 15 years, love ya babe, and my mother of 36 years(Thanks for the support you two) would already know whats in this update. Next week its back to the grindstone for me. Having come home for this vacation has relit my fire to come back here after I leave the military. I am more anxious than ever to bring to an end a very fruitful career and begin my next one, which hopefully includes a homestead and this blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be you newest follower... Oh and I really like the bad beekeeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Another follower. I am well on my way! It was a good book. Thanks for the present. I enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete